Saturday, April 19, 2014





Wiring caused fire at Pa. warehouse holding props


February 19. 2013 9:38PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


(AP) Faulty wiring is being blamed for a fire at a Philadelphia warehouse where a string band stores its props for the city's annual Mardi Gras-like New Year's Day parade.


Fire department Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says Monday's blaze at the south Philadelphia warehouse was caused by permanent wiring and originated near the back of an auto shop at the site. One person was hospitalized.


Members of the Fralinger (FRAY'-lin-jer) String Band said Tuesday they found their props wet but undamaged. Fralinger is one of many clubs that participate in the Mummers Parade each Jan. 1. The band says it will definitely still participate in this year's parade.


The parade features thousands of performers wearing elaborate costumes and often is described as Philadelphia's Mardi Gras.


Associated Press


Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds