The Saint Nicholas Federal Credit Union opened in February 1938 with the intention to help low income families with financial needs when they could not qualify for any bank’s requirements. Recently they celebrated 80 years of continuing to help. Members gathered at Andy’s Diner in Plains Township for a buffet dinner and the annual business meeting. Pictured in the back row of photo 1 are members of the board of directors of the credit union, from left: Bill Brennan, Stephanie Gawlas and John M. Rose. Front row: Beth Cottle Marie Shovlin and Marie Dougherty. Pictured in the back row of photo 2 are committee members that oversee credit union activities, from left: Dave Nealon, Bob Lauer, Pat McCormick, Luis Avila and Jim Nealon. Front row: Catherine McGovern and Nancy Gawlas.