Warren, 58, has hosted the the Magic Morning Show at WMGS-FM since November 1988. He is a graduate of Bishop Hoban High School in Wilkes-Barre.
1. I was named after Frank Sinatra. My dad was a big fan — so am I — and our basement basically was a “Sinatra Shrine” when I was a kid, including a jukebox full of songs by “Ol’ Blue Eyes.” I was blessed to see him in concert once, for his 75th birthday in New Jersey. That was amazing!
2. My favorite TV show is Seinfeld. There’s hardly a day that goes by when I don’t watch at least one episode, on live TV, DVR or DVD. There are so many daily occurrences that are exactly like an episode of Seinfeld, it’s like I’m living the show myself. And, of course, my friends and family quote the show constantly. Yada, yada, yada.
3, My wife, Erin, and I got married on Sept. 5, 1998, and we adopted our daughter Valerie from Guatemala on Sept. 5, 2006. Sept. 5 is a pretty special day in our house.
4. My favorite vacation spots are Ocean City, Md. (where my sister lives), Atlanta, Disney World and the annual cruises I host every year for Magic 93. But if I’m ever stressed out and need to relax, all I have to do is picture myself floating on a raft in Magen’s Bay in St. Thomas, one of the most beautiful places imaginable.
5. My first car was a 1977 beige Chevy Chevette. I loved it! I guess you never forget your first car, right?
6. There are several movies that I always stop to watch while channel surfing. Patton, That Thing You Do, any Austin Powers movie, Citizen Kane, The Godfather, Goodfellas, Rocky, Psycho, The Wizard of Oz and Singin’ in the Rain. But my all-time favorite movie is Casablanca.
7. I’ve been to a lot of great concerts in my life: Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen, Van Morrison, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, Phil Collins and more, but the biggest thrill was taking our daughter to her first concerts. She got to see (and meet) Shawn Mendes and Meghan Trainor. One of the coolest things I’ve gotten to do as a dad!
8. My favorite book of all time is “The Kid Stays in the Picture” by Hollywood movie producer Robert Evans. It’s an unbelievable story of the highest highs and the lowest lows, with lots of great show biz stories thrown in for good measure.
9. My biggest pet peeve is when people don’t use their turn signals. It drives me nuts!
10. My favorite memories of childhood are of going on vacation with my family. Those fabulous, exhausting, wonderful road trips when we were all together. Mom, dad, me, my sister and brother all crammed into the green family station wagon, exploring the country. We can never get those glorious days back, but those vivid, bittersweet memories are the next-best thing.
Written for timesleader.com