Adamchick, 50, has owned the Swoyersville sandwich shop for nearly a decade. The deli promotes itself as “Home of the $2.50 Hoagie.”
1. I am the mother of one son, and the grandmother of four beautiful grandchildren who are the light of my life.
2. I love to cook and bake. I love to feed people and see them enjoy what they are eating. I really love making HOAGIES!
3. I have been a nurse for over 25 years and have worked in the community as a nurse and administrator. Nursing has always been a passion for me, and I specialize in geriatrics. I love working with our geriatric community and their families.
4. I was 21 when I got my driver’s license. My family wanted me to get it, so my older brother took me for the driver’s test, and I didn’t even really know how to drive. It was funny. I told the guy, “My brother made me come here.” He said, “Can you see over the dash? — I’m only 4-foot-11 — and I said no! He said park the car and come back and bring a pillow. (I passed!)
5. I have never been on an airplane, train, subway or large boat.
6. I absolutely love roller coasters. My son and I ride every roller coaster we can, including at Cedar Point in Ohio.
7. I love pigs and have a very large collection of pig figurines and all kinds of collectible pig items — shirts, jewelry, kitchen wares, pajamas; you name it.
8. I love sports. Growing up I was always a cheerleader and softball player. I always wanted to learn how to golf. Over the past six years I have been learning to golf and I love it. There is something so relaxing about a day on the course.
9. I love the beach and ocean. It’s so beautiful and amazing to watch the waves.
10. When I was a child I became very ill and died four times and was brought back. I was in a coma for quite some time. One day to everyone’s amazement , I woke up. God gave me a second chance at life, and I live every moment to the fullest. I thank God and all the doctors, nurses and my parents, and I live my life to always try to be helpful and care for others.
— Written for timesleader.com