Plymouth woman displaced by New Year’s Day electrical fire

By Eileen Godin - [email protected] | January 1st, 2018 11:09 am - updated: 5:55 pm.

PLYMOUTH — One resident, her cat and two dogs safely evacuated their Carver Street home due to a small electrical fire on the second floor, Plymouth Assistant Fire Chief Bob Palchanis said Monday.

Area emergency crews were dispatched to the home located at 308 Carver St. in Plymouth before 8:30 a.m. New Year’s Day.

Palchanis, who went into the home, said it appeared the electrical outlet had a television, radio and router plugged into it.

“I think it was an outlet failure,” Palchanis said adding the woman and her pets will be displaced for a few days while the outlet is repaired and inspected.

The resident and her cat were being assisted by neighbors. She declined to be identified as well as comment on the fire, but expressed her appreciation for the quick response by the Plymouth Fire Department and the kindness of neighbors.

An electrical fire Monday morning displaced a Plymouth resident and her three pets.
https://www.timesleader.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/web1_Plymouth-fire1-2.jpgAn electrical fire Monday morning displaced a Plymouth resident and her three pets. Eileen Godin | Times Leader

By Eileen Godin

[email protected]

Reach Eileen Godin at 570-991-6387 or on Twitter @TLNews.


NATIONAL VIDEO
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
POLL