Police: Man arrested after beating woman in Kingston Twp.

By Ed Lewis - [email protected]

KINGSTON TWP. — Township police arriving at the scene of a domestic dispute encountered Martin Edwin Moore holding his arms out asking to be arrested after beating a woman whose face was covered with blood late Tuesday, according to court records.

Police said the woman was found sitting in a vehicle in the driveway of Moore’s residence at 90 N. Lehigh St. at about 11:30 p.m.

The woman claimed Moore choked, punched and kicked her. Her face was covered with blood and her eyes and lips were swollen, police said.

According to a criminal complaint:

Police responded to the North Lehigh Street house and encountered Moore walking toward an officer with his arms out and asking to be arrested. Moore told the officer, “I beat the (expletive) out of my girlfriend.”

Moore repeated the statement and continued to walk toward the officer.

The officer handcuffed Moore due to his agitated state of aggression, and he was placed in the rear seat of a cruiser.

The woman told police she picked up Moore at a poker game and gave him a ride to his residence. She claimed Moore called her a derogatory name and told her she was going to die.

“(He) said I was going to die tonight. I beeped my horn about three seconds later, and (he) released his grip around my neck,” she told police.

She further claimed Moore left her car and she drove away, returning because she couldn’t find her phone. When she pulled into the driveway, she said Moore opened a car door and pulled her from the car, kicking her as she was on the ground.

The woman reported screaming for help and a neighbor yelled “Quit it.”

Moore told the woman to get off his property. She told police she had difficulty getting up off the ground to walk to her car. When she reached her car, police arrived and arrested Moore.

Police said the woman was treated by paramedics for facial injuries.

Moore was arraigned Wednesday by District Judge David Barilla in Luzerne County Central Court on charges of strangulation, simple assault and harassment. He was jailed for lack of $5,000 bail.


By Ed Lewis

[email protected]