HANOVER TWP. — Police are investigating after a Wilkes-Barre man said he was shot in the head at the Marion Terrace Apartments early Tuesday, township Chief Albert Walker said.
The 47-year-old suffered a bullet fragment wound that did not require extensive medical treatment at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital, but was uncooperative, leaving police with many unanswered questions.
According to a statement released by police:
Officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of the Marion Terrace Apartments just after midnight for a report of a person with a possible gunshot wound.
Arriving at the scene, officers were approached by a male stating he had been shot in the head/neck area, but refused to identify himself. The man said he was shot somewhere between Wilkes-Barre and Hanover Township, but refused to provide any further details before being transported to the hospital.
Police were unable to find any evidence of the incident.
While at Wilkes-Barre General, township officers attempted to interview the victim again. But he declined to give officers any information.
The victim was released from the hospital after police questioning.
The investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Stair at 570-825-1251.
Reach Dan Stokes at 570-991-6389 or on Twitter @ByDanStokes