KINGSTON — The Wyoming Valley West School Board on Tuesday approved 10 appointments to various positions effective Aug. 24.
Names are followed by position, school and annual salary:
• Mary Kate Gaylord, autistic support teacher, grades 3-5, Chester Street, $63,885.
• Laura Ferraro, learning support teacher, high school, $44,483.
• Cody Messersmith, music teacher, Chester Street, Schuyler Avenue and Third Avenue, $44,683.
• Jessica Youngblood, school guidance counselor, middle school, $48,786.
• Jessica Burylo, life skills, grades 3-5, State Street Elementary, $77,408.
• Nicole Sharpnick, Dana Street, grade 1, $44,683.
• Cassandra Cerulli, State Street Elementary, kindergarten, $44,483.
• Jill Antall, choral music teacher, high school, $44,483.
• Maura Tochelli, art teacher, Chester Street, Schuyler Avenue and Third Avenue, $48,786.
• Kim Morris, social worker, $67,528.
The school board and Superintendent Irv DeRemer acknowledged and congratulated the WVW Class of 1968 on its upcoming 50th reunion. DeRemer noted that the class numbered 692 and was the second to graduate from WVW, but the first where all students attended one school. The Class of 1967 graduated from WVW, but attended three high schools that year — Plymouth Area, Kingston Area and Forty Fort Area.
DeRemer said members of the Class of 1968 will tour their former high school, now the WVW Middle School, on Saturday morning. He said the class will hold its reunion Saturday evening at Genetti’s in downtown Wilkes-Barre.
Reach Bill O’Boyle at 570-991-6118 or on Twitter @TLBillOBoyle.