WILKES-BARRE — The Wilkes-Barre Crime Watch Coalition will hold its annual National Night Out from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday on Public Square.
National Night Out aims to enhance the relationship between the public and law enforcement and foster the sense of community.
The theme for this year’s program is “Remember When.” This free event will be held under a big tent and the public is encouraged to attend.
Scheduled to speak at 3:30 p.m. are Wilkes-Barre Mayor Tony George, Wilkes-Barre City Police Department Commander Joseph Coffay, Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis and state Rep. Eddie Day Pashinski.
The program also will feature:
• An historical walk and talk around Public Square by Wilkes-Barre City Council Chairman Tony Brooks at 4 p.m.
• Free pony rides for children on Snowflake and Buttercup from Dream Katchr Poney Rides from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• NEPR-AACA Car Show
• Free face painting by the GAR high school varsity cheerleaders
• Free old-fashioned games for everyone and prizes
• DJ Sheffe Abraham playing oldies music
• Wilkes-Barre City Fire Department firehouse for children
• A basket raffle to benefit the Wilkes- Barre City Explorers basketball
• Historic photo display
• Bugs And Butterflies exhibit with the Penn State Master Gardeners
• Various law enforcement and local agencies
• 50-cent food and drink items
For further information call 570- 208-8900.