HAZLETON — U.S. Rep. Lou Barletta will crisscross Pennsylvania throughout August as he launches the “Red, White & Lou” bus tour, the latest effort in his campaign for the U.S. Senate.
Coming off a raucous rally Thursday at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza that featured President Donald Trump and more than 10,000 supporters, Barletta will now take to the streets and highways of Pennsylvania.
Barletta, 62 of Hazleton, is the Republican nominee for U.S. States Senate. He is running against two-term, Democratic incumbent U.S., Sen. Bob Casey, 58, of Scranton.
Barletta said the statewide bus tour will crisscross Pennsylvania throughout the month of August. He will be joined by his family and trusty pal Reilly, his Golden Retriever, as he visits communities in all corners of the Commonwealth.
“I am so excited to announce our ‘Red, White, and Lou’ bus tour,” Barletta said. “We will be visiting communities all across Pennsylvania, bringing our hopeful message of putting Pennsylvania first and contrasting our message with Bob Casey’s radical obstructionist agenda. I am looking forward to meeting so many Pennsylvanians who share our goal of bringing back jobs, keeping families safe, and taking care of our veterans, law enforcement, and first responders.”
To catch up with the tour, visit — http://www.loubarletta.com/life.
The “Red, White, & Lou” Tour will launch Monday in Hazle Township. Here are the first scheduled stops for the tour:
Monday, Aug. 6:
• Noon, Barletta will launch the “Red, White, and Lou” Tour at a send-off rally in Hazle Township. Barletta will be joined by his wife Mary Grace, his four daughters, his eight grandchildren and many of his longtime supporters.
Location: Community Park, 141 Community Park Boulevard, Hazle Township.
• 3 p.m., Barletta and his dog Reilly will visit Duke’s Delights, a small business that make dog treats. Duke’s Delights is committed to helping developmentally challenged individuals find employment.
Location: Duke’s Delights, 1208 Brookside Road, Wescoville.
• 5:30 p.m., Barletta will have media availability before addressing the Lebanon County GOP Chairman’s Dinner in Annville.
Location: Harper’s Tavern, 10486 Jonestown Road, Annville.
Tuesday, Aug. 7
• 10 a.m., Barletta will hold a meet-and-greet at the historic Dobbin House in Gettysburg.
Location: Dobbin House, 89 Steinwehr Ave., Gettysburg.
• 5 p.m., Barletta will visit the Butler Farm Show in Butler to tour the Butler Farm Show’s exhibits and booths.
Location: Butler Farm Show Complex, 625 Evans City Road, Butler.
Reach Bill O’Boyle at 570-991-6118 or on Twitter @TLBillOBoyle.