KINGSTON — The Luzerne County Transportation Authority reminds passengers that its new free night service will begin Monday.
As an introduction/celebration of this new service, LCTA will be offering free bus rides on all routes (after 7 p.m.), from Sept. 24 thru Oct. 24.
The new night service will feature five routes that will circulate throughout the busiest areas of Luzerne County. These routes will also “link together” at key locations, offering further connections to passengers. The major “connection points” will be located at the Luzerne County Community College campus in Nanticoke and in downtown Pittston at the corner of William and Main streets. The focal points for the night service routes will be epicenters of employment, commerce and social activities throughout the county.
The following routes will be offered:
• No. 51 Kingston-Pittston: Kingston/Wyoming Avenue through West Pittston and crossing to Pittston
• No. 52 Mall-Casino-Center Point-Pittston: Also servicing King’s, Wilkes-Barre General Hospital and connect with No. 51
• No. 53 Westside LCCC: Kingston/Route 11 to Nanticoke LCCC and connects with No. 54
• No. 54 Ashley-Hanover Industrial Park-LCCC: Wilkes-Barre to Hanover Industrial Park and LCCC (return on San Souci) and connects with No. 53
• No. 55 Georgetown and Blackman Street Loop: Servicing Wegmans, Kohl’s and the Wilkes-Barre Kmart.
Passengers and the public are encouraged to visit www.lctabus.com for more detailed route times, schedules and maps. New night service schedules are also available at the Intermodal Center, and at LCTA Corporate Offices, 315 Northampton St., Kingston.
Due to night service additions, there have also been some modifications to several day service routes. Passengers are encouraged to check for route changes at www.lctabus.com/schedules/upcomingchanges.html
LCTA representatives are also available to visit with major employers and discuss transportation options with employees. In addition, travel training programs are available for schools and community groups. Visits can be arranged by calling 570-288-9356 ext. 205.