Plymouth man charged in WB shooting

By Roger DuPuis - [email protected]
Rodriguez -

WILKES-BARRE — A Plymouth man was arrested Monday in connection with a shooting in the city earlier this month, Wilkes-Barre police reported.

Robert Rodriguez, 23, of West Shawnee Avenue, was wanted for the Feb. 2 incident in which one man was shot on Parrish Street. He was taken into custody following a traffic stop Monday. According to police, one man suffered gunshot wounds in that case, and is currently recovering.

According to a post on the department’s Facebook page:

Investigators identified Rodriguez, also known as Jay, as the suspect, and prepared an arrest warrant. Subsequent investigation also revealed that Rodriguez was believed to be staying at a residence in Hanover Township.

On Monday, police began surveillance on the residence and the suspect was observed leaving in a pickup truck. Officers made a traffic stop and took Rodriguez into custody without incident. He was found to be in possession of a loaded firearm, police said.

Rodriguez was taken to police headquarters, processed and jailed pending court proceedings. He will face charges of aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, reckless endangerment and weapons violations, police said.

Nearly 24 hours after his arrest, Rodriguez was not taken by police to be arraigned on the charges and there was no record of him being incarcerated at the county lockup Tuesday afternoon.

A search for Rodriguez’s online court docket, which lists the charges filed against him and bail amount, returned no results. Further information was unavailable later Tuesday.

Rodriguez
https://www.timesleader.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/web1_arrest-5.jpgRodriguez

By Roger DuPuis

[email protected]