Local bass tournament schedules and results (to have your tournament listed or post results, email [email protected]):
Duke’s Bass Tournaments will hold a weekly Wednesday night tournament at Harveys Lake. Starting time is 6 p.m. and weigh-in is at 9 p.m. at the public boat launch. Anglers will weigh-in their heaviest bass and the weekly entry fee is $20 plus a one-time fee of $10 to be eligible for the championship. The tournament will run for 12 weeks and the top 30 anglers in total weight will compete for the $1,200 championship. There will be weekly payouts for first and second place. For more information, visit dukesbasstournament.wixsite.com/2017
The Suskie Bassmasters will hold a Wednesday night tournament on the Susquehanna River. The tournament runs from 5:30 to 9 p.m. and registration is at the Nesbitt Park boat launch. On Aug. 16, weigh-in will begin at 8:30 p.m. for the remainder of the season. The championship will be held on Sept. 24 for the top 30 anglers plus those who have participated in 10 tournaments. For more information, visit suskiebass.org.
Back Woods Bass Anglers will hold weekly open tournaments on the Susquehanna River and Harveys Lake. The river tournament will be held at the Nesbitt Park boat launch on Monday nights with the championship set for Sept. 4. Start time is 5:30 p.m. and weigh-in begins at 9:30 p.m. The lake tournament will be held on Friday night from 6 to 11 p.m. at the public boat launch. The date for the championship will be determined later. Cost for each tournament is $40 per team or $30 for single angler, and the lunker fee is included. There is a four fish limit for both tournaments. For more information call or text Bob Strunk at 570-991-2403 or visit Back Woods Bass Facebook page.
Back Woods Bass will hold a Sunday tournament on the Susquehanna River at Nesbitt Park on the following dates (tournament runs from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is a five fish limit and cost is $60 per boat): Aug. 13; Sept. 10; Oct. 1.
PA Bass Casters will hold open buddy bass tournaments on the following dates (All launch times will be at safe light. There is a five fish limit for each tourney. For more information call Dan at 570-762-1469: Sept. 3 - Lake Carey; Oct. 22 - Harveys Lake; Oct. 29 - Harveys Lake
PA Bass Casters will hold club tournaments (must be a club member to fish) on the following dates: Aug. 19-20 - Cayuga and Owasco, N.Y.; Sept. 10 - Cowanesque Lake; Oct. 1 - Lake Wallenpaupack; Oct. 7-8 - Keuka Lake, N.Y.
The Blytheburn Lake Association will hold an open bass tournament on Sunday, Sept. 24. Entrance fee is $40 per team and a $10 lunker fee. Boats will launch at 6:30 a.m. and the tournament ends at 11 a.m. To register or for more information, call Janeann at 570-868-6895.
Bass tournament results:
Duke’s Bass Tournament at Harveys Lake (Aug. 16; 40 anglers competed, 29 fish weighed in):
1. John Kelly - 3.47 lb. largemouth
2. John Vaicekauska - 3.27 lb. largemouth
3. Joe Wilde - 2.95 lb. largemouth
4. T. J. Carter - 2.80 lb. smallmouth
5. Shawn Kazmierski - 2.49 lb. largemouth
Suskie Bassmasters tournament on the Susquehanna River on Aug. 16:
1. Tony Glazenski - 2.20 lbs.
2. John Centak - 2.15 lbs.
3. Chet Williams - 2.17 lbs.
4. Larry Fetterhoof - 2.13 lbs.
5. David R. McGovern - 1.88 lbs.
PA Bass Casters open buddy bass tournament at Harveys Lake on Aug. 13. (Boat traffic was light and a total of 40 fish (31 largemouth, nine smallmouth) were brought to the scales for a total weight of 79 lbs.):
1. Vince Algier and Matt Oliver II - 10.97 lbs., 5 fish
2. Shaun Kucharski and Rob Vales - 9.85 lbs., 5 fish
3. Cody Cutter and Brian Cutter - 9.82 lbs., 4 fish
4. Ron Hebert - 9.39 lbs., 5 fish
5. Joshua Shaffer - 8.65 lbs., 3 fish
Lunker - Cody Cutter - 5.69 lb. largemouth
Back Woods Bass weekly Monday night tournament on the Susquehanna River (Aug. 7)
1. Rich Weaver and Don Parsons - 5 lbs. 6 oz.
2. John Centak and Chet Williams - 5 lbs. 4 oz.
3. Bob and Sheldon Strunk - 4 lbs. 12 oz.
4. Frank Slymock, Ray Jones and Steve Matello - 4 lbs. 11 oz.
5. Paul Middleton and Ernie - 4 lbs. 6 oz.
Lunker - Rich Weaver and Don Parsons - 2 lbs. 6 oz.
Back Woods Bass weekly Friday night tournament at Harveys Lake (Aug. 11):
1. Chuck Peterman and Rob Vales - 11 lbs. 2 oz.
2. Gary and Aaron Hayman - 10 lbs. 6 oz.
3. Peter Sulla and Josh Colarusso - 10 lbs. 2 oz.
4. Dennis and Alyssa Knecht - 7 lbs. 2 oz.
5. Jim Bojonny - 4 lbs. 11 oz.
Lunker - Chuck Peterman and Rob Vales - 4 lbs. 2 oz.
Back Woods Bass at Harveys Lake on Sunday, Aug. 13:
1. Frank Slymock, Ray Jones and Steve Martello - 9 lbs. 15 oz.
2. Bob Strunk and Bob Albee - 8 lbs. 10 oz.
3. Corey Hamm and partner - 7 lbs.
4. Mark Wesolowski and Andy Novak - 6 lbs. 15 oz.
5. Brian Oppelt and Lamont Twiggs Banks - 6 lbs. 6 oz.
Lunker - Frank Slymock, Ray Jones and Steve Martello - 2 lbs. 12 oz.
Back Woods Bass Monday night tournament on the Susquehanna River (Aug. 14):
1. Frank Slymock and Ray and Miranda Jones - 6 lbs.
2. Rich Weaver and Don Parsons - 5 lbs. 10 oz.
3. John Centak and Chet Williams - 5 lbs. 7 oz.
4. Dan Byorick,Mike and Pete Frank - 5 lbs. 6 oz.
5. Bob Strunk and Duke Dalley - 5 lbs.
Lunker - John Centak and Chet Williams - 2 lbs. 3 oz.
Back Woods Bass Friday night tournament at Harveys Lake (Aug. 18):
1. John Niezgoda - 9 lbs. 11 oz.
2. Jim Bonjonny and Brad Rinehimer - 9 lbs.
3. Duane Deno and Pat Perugino - 8 lbs. 6 oz.
4. Dennis and Alyssa Knecht - 7 lbs. 10 oz.
5. Tom Bralcyzk - 7 lbs. 7 oz.
Lunker - Gary and Aaron Hayman - 4 lbs. 13 oz. largemouth