Billy McKinney, who was acquired in a trade from the Chicago Cubs in July 2016, is in his second season with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. The 23-year-old is batting .233 with two doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 20 RBI in 23 games. McKinney made his New York Yankees debut on March 30 in Toronto.
Here’s five things you might not know about the RailRiders outfielder:
1. I started playing baseball when I was 2-and-a-half years old.
2. My first dog was a St. Bernard
3. Religion is important to me.
4. I am one of five brothers and sisters. I am also an uncle.
5. I enjoy coaching Special Olympics basketball back home.
Reach DJ Eberle at 570-991-6398 or on Twitter @ByDJEberle