Ryan McBroom, who was acquired in a trade with the Toronto Blue Jays in July 2017, is in his first season with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. The first baseman is batting .304 with 14 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 35 RBI in 80 games with the RailRiders this season, heading into the weekend series in Durham. The 26-year-old leads the RailRiders in batting average (for players that have played in at least 50 games) and ranks second on the team in both doubles and RBI.
Here’s five things you might not know about the RailRiders first baseman:
1. I’m a college graduate and played collegiately at West Virginia.
2. I’ve lived in three different countries: Canada, Mexico and the United States.
3. I’m over 70 percent Italian, yet I hate spaghetti.
4. I almost went to college for football as a quarterback. I received offers from Division II Concord University and Shepherd University.
5. I love collecting sneakers.
Reach DJ Eberle at 570-991-6398 or on Twitter @ByDJEberle