The field has been set for the District 2 football playoffs, with 11 games on Friday night and one on Saturday afternoon.
There will also be one Eastern Conference game involving local teams as Meyers (5-5) plays at Western Wayne (5-5) at 7 p.m. Friday for the Class 3A crown.
The lone Saturday afternoon district game is a Class 5A semifinal — Wallenpaupack (3-7) at Abington Heights (6-4). Kickoff is 1 p.m. The winner will play at Wyoming Valley West (8-2) at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 11. Abington Heights defeated Wallenpaupack 38-0 in Week 9.
All the following games are at 7 p.m. Friday:
• There is one championship game when Lackawanna Trail (7-3) heads to Northwest (7-3) to decide the D2-A title. Trail defeated Northwest 35-19 in Week 4, but Northwest has won six consecutive games since then.
• In Class 6A games, Hazleton Area (3-7) is at Williamsport (8-1) and Scranton (4-6) is at Delaware Valley (8-2). Williamsport won the regular-season game 42-13 in Week 3. DelVal defeated Scranton 43-7 in Week 8.
• The four Class 4A quarterfinals games are: Dallas (2-8) at Wyoming Area (8-2); Crestwood (3-7) at North Pocono (7-3); Coughlin (5-5) at Valley View (6-4); and West Scranton (5-5) at Berwick (6-4). None of those matchups feature teams which played during the regular season. Dallas and Pittston Area tied for the eighth spot, but Dallas got the position because of its 24-6 win over the Patriots during the regular season.
• In Class 3A, Lake-Lehman (5-5) is at GAR (5-5) and Nanticoke (5-5) is at defending champion Scranton Prep (8-1). Lehman defeated GAR 36-33 in overtime in Week 4. Nanticoke will be making its first district appearance since 1999 and didn’t play Prep this season.
• Class 2A will have Mid Valley (5-5) at Dunmore (10-0) and Riverside (7-3) at Lakeland (8-1). Dunmore defeated Mid Valley 47-3 in Week 8. Lakeland topped Riverside 42-14 in Week 7.