J.P. Feyereisen, a 2016 acquisition from the Cleveland Indians out of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, is in his second season with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. Feyereisen pitched three innings of one-run ball against the Toledo Mud Hens on Friday. In five appearances, the right-handed reliever sports a 1-1 record and 3.38 ERA with one save this season.
Here are five things you might not know about the RailRiders reliever:
1. I’m in a dart league when I’m at home. The bar owner that we’re really good friends with needed a dart-league team to start and a lot of my buddies are still around home and when I got back — it kind of starts right when I get back and ends right when I leave. So, I’m in a dart league.
2. I like to hunt and fish a lot. Big outdoorsman. I guess the “Homegrown” thing had me turkey calling so people kind of knew a little bit of that about me, but that’s something that I like to do. Bow hunting, I like to bow hunt for whitetail most.
3. I live with a host family. I’m actually the only player that lives with a host family, but for me, it’s awesome. It saves me a little bit of money and I get to get away from everything at the field and enjoy the time out home with like a family setting. It’s kind of cool. You get to sit around and hang out and talk to people that don’t really know a lot about baseball, but they’re starting to. This year, they’re into. Same family as last year.
4. I like to cook. My mom’s been trying to get me to cook more and more. My best dish — well, Ben Heller would say this is my best dish — is, uh, I make this bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken breast with with jalapenos and cream cheese. It’s very good. Ben would say that’s my best dish, too, because we live together in spring training.
5. I like to gamble. I like blackjack, but I like table games like three-card poker, four-card poker, Mississippi stud — those ones. I’m not a big spender at the casino, but I like to gamble.
Reach DJ Eberle at 570-991-6398 or on Twitter @ByDJEberle